How to Prepare for your Virtual VITA Appointment

PLEASE NOTE: You MUST scan and provide items (1), (2) or (3), and (4), and (5) or (6). All other items are as they might be applicable to you, but if they are you must provide them.
These items are required by law.  If you do not provide these items, we will not be able to prepare your return.

ALSO, be sure to complete our Appointment Intake Form!

OUR TIME IS VALUABLE.  If you are not available via phone during your appointment time, and do not cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment, you will be prohibited from making another appointment this season.


PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE TITLE OF ALL FILES YOU SHARE WITH US! We are receiving hundreds of files and it is very difficult to find those of individuals when the file only has the form name.

  1. IRS Form 14446, Virtual VITA/TCE Taxpayer Consent: Form 14446 UConn
  2. For U.S. Citizens or Resident Aliens, a completed Intake/Interview and Quality Review Sheet (IRS Form 13614-C)
  3. Non-Resident Aliens:
    1. a completed Nonresident Alien Intake and Interview Sheet
    2. your current Passport
    3. Form I-94, Arrival and Departure Record, if you have dates entering and departing the U.S. in 2019.
    4. All Forms 1042-S, Foreign Person’s U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
      • PLEASE NOTE if you will be getting this form, we cannot complete your tax return until you have received it.  Please see our “How do I know if I’m getting a Form 1042-S” website to determine if you need to wait for this form.
  4. Proof of identification (photo ID) for all taxpayers to be included on your tax return
    • Please note: if you are married filing jointly, your spouse must be available during your appointment time.
  5. Original Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
  6. OR Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter(s) for you, your spouse and your dependents
  7. All Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
    • If you work at UConn, you can access your W-2 via Core-CT at  After logging into Core-CT, in the center of the page under “Payroll” select “View W-2/W-2c Forms.”
  8. If you are a student, provide all current year Fee Bills (winter, spring, summer and fall 2019).  Fee bills for UConn are accessible via Peoplesoft at  After logging in, navigate to your Student Center and click on “View Fee Bill” under “My Account.”
  9. Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  10. Documentation of any donations made to U.S. charities
  11. A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available (this is always very helpful!)
  12. Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
  13. To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must sign the required forms
  14. Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
  15. Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable

Please do not make an appointment with our VITA site until you have received all your tax forms. This includes tax documents from all sources of income you received in the current tax year (W-2, 1099-MISC, etc.). For example, if you had more than one part-time job or internship, please wait until you receive tax documents from all of them (or follow up with your respective employer) before coming to get your taxes done.